Saturday, February 4, 2012
1. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin - I read a lot of great reviews of this bouncy blush and had to try it out for myself. I've been obsessed with peach this winter and settled on Peach Satin. This stuff really is bouncy! Such an interesting feel and goes on so smoothly. It's the perfect color for winter (and will be for spring, too) and the creamy finish gives my cheeks the perfect glow.
2. Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar - I haven't tried this one out yet. I'm revamping my skincare routine since I've been having some major breakouts lately... I'm planning to put this bar in the shower.
3. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Mascara in Very Black - This is my all-time favorite mascara. It is definitely "wet" the first few uses, but once you get past the "breaking in" stage, it really lives up to it's zero clumps, sleek definition and sensuous length! I don't think I'll ever find a mascara better than this one.
4. Maybelline Waterproof Sexy Curves Mascara in Black - I read great reviews on this one and wanted to try it out. I am not pleased at all. This mascara caused clumping and the "sexy curves" was more like awkward curves. My eyelashes didn't know where to go. They are naturally curly, so that may be the issue here. This might be better for someone with straight eyelashes that really does need a brush that will help curl the eyelashes.
5. Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette - This is an okay product. None of the colors really matched my skin tone and I just don't think anything will ever beat my favorite concealer by Neutrogena. I may still give this one another try.
6. Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - This stuff is awesome! I had been using these cheap Equate wipes that got my eye makeup off, but I was rubbing them so harshly that it just felt wrong. Like I was willing on wrinkles. I've never found anything else though that really got off all of my mascara, so I was skeptical if this would do the trick. I'm so happy that it does! It gets EVERYTHING off and is so gentle if you just put a little bit of it on a cotton ball and wipe over your eyes. It has aloe in it so it feels super soothing too!
7-8. Maybelline Lip Butters in Peach Parfait and Tutti Frutti - I. AM. IN. LOVE. I feel like these lip butters were made just for me. Lipsticks are always too harsh and drying on my lips and glosses are usually too shiny and sticky. Maybelline's Lip Butters are the perfect combonation of color and moisture! Peach Parfait is such a good shade for the winter/spring and moisturises my lips like a chapstick. Tutti Frutti is a beautiful coral shade that will be so pretty in the summer with a nice tan. Seriously, if you haven't tried these out yet, go get one!
9. Revlon Top Speed Nail Enamel in Peachy - Again, I'm obsessed with peach this season. I have this color on now and it makes me feel like spring has come early. It just brightens my mood and makes me feel happy. Has nail polish ever done that for you? It also dries quickly and applies evenly, which is a major plus!
10. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser - This continues my revamp of my skincare routine. It's gentle and removes my foundation, which is good. It has an odd smell, maybe because it's natural and is free from harsh chemicals? It also is drying, but I have pretty dry skin to begin with, so I make sure to follow up with my vitamin E cream by The Body Shop.
Let me know in the comments if you've tried out any of these products and what you think of them!